2. THE DRIVERS OF WESTERN HAY AND FORAGE EXPORTS
pdf of presentation slides: aic.ucdavis.edu/publications/Farm bill and Hay 2017.pdf
William A. Matthews and Daniel A. Sumner
– The export of Western-produced forage crops has increased over the past decade, with volume of exports increasing by 86 percent from 2007 to 2017.
– Continued growth in Western exports depends on:
– Western production of hay and other forage
– Domestic demand for hay and other forage
– Export growth also depends on:
Forage demand in foreign markets.
Forage supply from foreign suppliers
– This presentation reviews the available data and economic factors driving the export markets